Crassula ovata (Dollar Plant, Jade Plant, Jade Tree, Money Tree)
Crassula ovata known as Dollar Plant, Jade Plant, Jade Tree, Money True. Erect, many-branched, succulent shrub with a thick, fleshy stem and elliptic, glossy, mid-green leaves, sometimes red margined, 2-4cm long. Bears star-shaped, white to pale pink flowers, to 8mm across, in autumn. Height 2m or more, Spread 1m or more. Native of South Africa.
- Ideal required temperature is around 60°f / 15.5°c – 75°f / 24°c. Winter no less than 50°f / 10°c.
- Crassula loves plenty of light. Provide a few hours of morning or evening sunshine everyday to have a happy plant.
- Allow top layer of soil to become dry between each watering. use well drained soil media.
- Use heavy pot for Re-pot (spring – summer) when the plant becomes root bound or the soil needs renewing.
- Feed each month with a weak or diluted liquid fertilizer.
- They survive well in quite humid conditions naturally, Succulents like water misting.