Asters are classic perennials that are colorful and easy to grow. They can make a beautiful addition to your garden, even if you are a beginner.
How to care for your Aster:
- Add a thin layer of compost (or a portion of balanced fertilizer) with a 2–inch layer of mulch around the plants every spring to encourage vigorous growth.
- If you receive less than 1 inch of rain a week, remember to water your plants regularly during the summer. However, many asters are moisture-sensitive; if your plants have too much moisture or too little moisture, they will often lose their lower foliage or not flower well. Keep an eye out for any stressed plants and try a different watering method if your plants are losing flowers.
- Stake the tall varieties in order to keep them from falling over.
- Pinch back asters once or twice in the early summer to promote bushier growth and more blooms. Don’t worry, they can take it!
- Cut asters back in winter after the foliage has died, or leave them through the winter to add some off-season interest to your garden.
- Should an item or color not be available, substitutions may apply.
- If the item is unavailable, we will try to help make a substitution.
- Plants/Flowers might have slight variations in color, texture, finish, and size. You can expect there will be some differences from what is displayed on our website because you are choosing a one-of-a-kind piece from our mother nature.
Images are illustration purpose only. Actual item maybe different due to image quality enhancements.